You don’t have to spend a lot of money at a restaurant to enjoy pancakes for breakfast. Instead, you can make pancakes at home for a fraction of the cost and in less time than it takes you to drive to your local pancake joint. With just two simple ingredients, you can quickly whip up pancakes that will taste delicious and keep your wallet happy at the same time! If you’re ready, let’s get started.
Pancakes are an all-time favorite for many people because they are easy to cook, versatile enough that everyone likes them, and so tasty! Making pancakes from scratch not only saves money but also keeps unnecessary additives out of your diet. This article will show you how to make pancakes that are delicious and wholesome.
2 cups pancakes mix OR 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk (can also use buttermilk)
Tools you’ll need: a balanced skillet or griddle, large mixing bowl, measuring spoons or cups, whisk or spoon for stirring ingredients together, heat-safe spatula to flip pancakes over when they are done cooking.
Whisk all dry ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Add the egg and pour in the milk while stirring with your whisk gradually to avoid forming lumps. Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto a hot, lightly greased skillet or griddle. Cook pancakes over medium heat until they are bubbly and the edges look dry; then flip them over and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve pancakes warm with your favorite toppings. And speaking of toppings….
Pancake toppings are the best part of making pancakes! There are so many different options, you can never get bored. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Blueberry Pancakes: Top your pancakes with fresh blueberries and a little bit of sugar for sweetness. This is a classic combination that always tastes great.
2. Chocolate Pancakes: Add chocolate chips or cocoa powder to your pancake batter for a delicious chocolatey flavor. You can also top your pancakes with chocolate syrup or Nutella for an extra-special treat.
3. Strawberry Pancakes: Strawberries and whipped cream are a perfect combination on top of pancakes. You could also try sprinkling on some powdered sugar for extra sweetness.
4. Banana Pancakes: Top your pancakes with sliced bananas, cinnamon sugar or honey for a sweet treat that will make you want to eat more of them!
5. Apple Cinnamon Pancakes: Apples are very popular on top of pancakes, especially during the fall months. Try chopping apples small and filling the center of your pancakes with apple pieces before rolling up or folding your pancake into half-moon shape. Also try adding some ground cinnamon to your pancake batter if you want an even more flavorful pancake.
6. Chocolate Chip Pancakes: If you love chocolate chip cookies, then this is the topping for you! You can either put chocolate chips inside your pancake batter or sprinkle them on top of your pancakes when they’re done.
7. Nutella Pancakes: Spread Nutella on top of your pancakes for a delicious chocolate hazelnut topping. This is definitely a decadent option, but it’s sure to please any Nutella lover.
8. Lemon Ricotta Pancakes: Top your pancakes with a dollop of ricotta cheese and a drizzle of lemon juice for a light and refreshing flavor. This is perfect for a spring breakfast or brunch.
9. Cinnamon Sugar Pancakes: Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top of your pancakes for a sweet and satisfying topping. This is another great option for those who love cinnamon-flavored foods.
10. Peanut Butter Pancakes: Mix some peanut butter in with your pancake batter or spread it on top of the pancakes after you pour them onto the griddle. This is a favorite among kids and adults alike.
11. Bacon Pancakes: Yes, that’s right! You can actually make pancakes with bacon in them or add in some cooked bacon bits before serving. This might seem a little strange, but it tastes amazing! If you want to go all out, then top your pancakes off with maple syrup for an extra-sweet breakfast treat.
So there you have it – a simple recipe for delicious homemade pancakes that everyone is sure to love! Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or just making breakfast for yourself, these pancakes will definitely hit the spot. Enjoy!